Multi-Layer Farming : Earn 10 Lakhs in a Year With Only 1 Acre of Farming Land
The method we will discuss here will make it possible for farmers to earn good income every month. Rs. 8-10 lakhs can be earned in a year with only 1 acre of land.
There are many farmers in India who have less than 5 acre of land. The method we will discuss here will make it possible for farmers to earn good income every month. Rs. 8-10 lakhs can be earned in a year with only 1 acre of land. This method will require less effort and less materials. Know how to maximize the use of Sunlight.
What is Multi-Layer Farming
The farming method we will discuss here is called Multi-Layer Farming. Growing 2 or more crops together at the same time on the same land is called Multi-Layer Farming. In this, we grow plants and crops that are of different heights on the same field at the same time. The plants and crops should be compatible with each other. It is mostly practiced in plantation crops and orchards for maximum use of solar energy even under high planting density. 4-5 crops can be grown together very easily by this method.
Benefits of Multi-Layer farming
The other names of Multi-Layer farming are Multi-Tire farming and Multi-storied Cropping. Several crops of different heights with rooting patterns and duration are cultivated together. The benefits are numerous, let’s discuss them
1. It helps in utilizing space more efficiently. Multiple crops can be grown in the same time on the same land.
2. It helps farmers in earning around the year by selling crops as per their harvesting season. The risk of complete crop failure is also very less in this.
3. It helps in conservation of soil and other resources. The amount of water used will remain same but it will hydrate more crops in this. Use of fertilizers and other resources will also be less.
4. As the crops grown together are of different heights and complement each other. When you cultivate one crop, the soil gets dug up as the roots of the crop comes out. This increases fertility of soil. The long term benefit will be greater yields
How to Grow Different Crops Together?
4-5 crops can be grown at the same time by this system. The trick lies in sowing method of the seeds. Different seeds of different vegetables and fruits are sown in Deep, Middle, Top & Topmost layers of soil. Their roots structure should not interfere with one another.
Right Method of Multi-Layer Farming
• Choose one crop that grows under the soil.
• Another should grow and cover the soil surface. This should not be tall in height. It should just cover the surface.
• Third one should grow 2-3 feet above the ground.
• Fourth crop should grow about 6 feet from the ground.
• And the last one could be trees that go several feet above, providing natural shade and protection.
The crops that are less in height should be able to sustain in less evaporation. Soil nutrition and productivity can be improved by Compost and Manure can be applied.
Growing different crops together means that there will be a competition of nutrients and water between them. To solve this, before sowing seeds, farmers can apply huge quantities of FYM in their fields. Due to different layers in the field, pest’s outbreak is very less and evaporation of water can also be prevented.
In Multi-Layer Farming, cultivation costs are very low and benefits and advantages are far greater than growing a single crop in the field. The utilization of water, soil, fertilizers and land are much more than any other farming system. 4-5 crops can be grown at the same time with same cost as required for a single crop in a field.
Various Indian Farmers have adopted this method. Farmers are easily earning 8-10 lakhs per acre in a year. So if you don’t have huge amount of land, you can still earn in lakhs.